The Limerick–Tralee line, also known as the North Kerry line, is a former railway line from Limerick railway station to Tralee railway station in Ireland. It also has branch lines to Foynes and Fenit. Most of the line today is now made into the Great Southern Trail.
The Limerick–Tralee line was opened on 20 December 1880 by the Limerick and Kerry Railway Company, which was owned by the Waterford, Limerick and Western Railway. During 1901, the WL&WR was bought by the Great Southern and Western Railway. But during the grouping of 1925, the GS&WR was merged with three other companies to form the Great Southern Railways. After the war, the Transport Act 1944 dissolved the GSR and brought its assets into the ownership of Córas Iompair Éireann on 1 January 1945. The line stayed in the ownership of CIÉ until the line was closed to passengers on 4 February 1963 and for freight up to Listowel in 1977 and to Tralee on 6 February 1978.
At the start of the Limerick–Tralee line the line breaks off from the Limerick-Rosslare railway line and heads straight down to Patrickswell junction, where the line splits up with the Croom line that goes to the Dublin-Cork railway line. After Patrickswell, the line goes to Adare, where a branch line to Foynes is branched off from the line. The line then goes through many towns, including Rathkeale, Newcastle West, and Abbeyfeale. It then goes over the Kerry border to Listowel, where it joined up with the Lartigue Monorail. After that, the line rushes through Lixnaw, Abbeydorney railway station, and Ardfert railway station, until it finally goes to Tralee railway station.